1.15.2011

Fur... Leather and etc.

It's a very controversial issue I would say.
Honestly, I'm vegetarian for more then 4 years already. The reason why I decided to do so is the understanding that meat most of us do eat almost every day is the same thing as my hand or your leg. How can my stomach digest meat if my body is made of the same material?! My brain just cannot accept this fact.
And I saw all this movies where they show how animals on farms ( especially in East Europe ) are treated. After seeing tears in cows' eyes one cannot just pretend everything goes how it should be.
IT KNOWS THEY ARE GOING TO KILL IT IN SOME MINUTS! BUT PURE COW CAN DO NOTHING! IT CANNOT EVEN SCREAM OR ASK FOR HELP! BUT IT KNOWS!
And by the way if humans are the most developed creation on the Earth why can't we fight against the instincts? We don't have sex everywhere but it's the same instinct ( if not stronger ).
So, back to fashion world...
Stella McCartney

Stella McCarney is worldwide known designer especially famous for her anti-leather and vegetarian philosophy.
I love her clothes and style. As everybody can notice I love shoes. And her brand is one of few luxury brands which can offer todays' fashion not only the ideas but as well a good quality.
High Street are doing a good job as well! A big number of the them are using fake fur and leather not just because it's cheaper and because more people can afford it but because they care about animals and stand for animal rights.
I 100% support them!
BUT guys! I want to be honest with you. I buy a lot of shoes made of leather! It's not of my aloofness! Simply I don't have a choice... Especially in Ukraine where TopShop store just opened couple of monthes ago and it's as big as lingerie section in normal European store. So you can imagine the size of collections we are getting here.
Of course we have some clothes from Stella McCartney in one (!) multibrand store. But it cost a fortune here! For example shoes from Stella: U.K. price is 280 pounds; Ukrainian one is often more then 700-800$.
You know what I hate about luxury brands? Luxury means expansive, expansive means diamonds, gold and leather. Why don't they give us a choice?! Let's imagine I want a Chanel bag. And having picked a right model I can decide do I want it made of leather or not. Or Prada shoes: the same look but without animal tears and blood. Not a bad idea?
And the weather here is much more colder in winter. Some years ago I decided to wear only McCartney shoes. And God! I was sick 4 times during 2 monthes! How can it compete with Uggs?...
This year I allowed my mum to buy a fur coat for me as a present for a BD.
Parosh
Then me and my friend decided to check what local market can offer. We have a huge selection here!
But I will never ever wear leopard fur or anything made of chinchila which is unbelievable popular here! And one fur coat is enough for me till the end of my life. Though being honest it's the warmest thing I have now. I promised myself as soon as there will be possibility to buy some clothes made of fake fur and shoes abroad I will give away most of staff I have now. But I don't think that I betrayed vegetarians by wearing it. In London where people strike for animals' rights they have choice! I would never buy a bag made of fur just to show off! I'm on the way of changes inside me! I have a new idea: taking into consideration that I don't have enough money to buy everything to replace old items so I will sell clothes and fill wardrobe with new ones!

3 comments:

SkyBlue said...

Hello~! Great fashion blog. Nice selections of clothing you have there! In terms of veggie, lol I don't think I can ever do it..I am a meat lover. so I think you are awesome xd

I have followed your blog.
Could you follow mine too please at:
SkyBlueTrading Blog

I currently have a competition of stock price guessing where I will give the winner $50.00 for winning the competition. Check it out!

Thanks!

MODOTOPIA said...

ахахах! фото, где вы вдвоем в шубах смешное такое :))) два снеговичка :) добавляюсь в твои постоянные читатели

Nicki said...

Спасибо! )
Мы пытались под снегурочек, но ты со снеговичками попала в точку! :)